– Raeni, my friend Lynda, and I had our customary front center spot. It was all good, except for the guy who was talking on his cell phone at one point during the show.
– We didn’t hook up with nilbymouth. There was a decent sized crowd by the end of Willy’s set.
– Willy Mason has a really really nice voice, and is a nice guy.
– L.A. Bonus: After Willy did 3 songs with Isobel & the band, Victoria Williams came out and did two songs (along with 2 backing singers – were they at the other shows?). Isobel is producing her album. Who? you say: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Williams
– They did Revolver!! still one of my faves.
– Some people were quietly singing along to “Do You Wanna Come Walk With Me”, go figure. After Back Burner, someone yelled “Do that one again”, which got a smile from Mark.
– Didn’t get a setlist, they closed the curtains quickly after the encore; a women next to me crawled on stage and got half of it before they ripped the rest out of her hand.
– According to Mark, the Clippers sucked tonight (as if the Clippers sucking is ever news). And I still wish Donald Sterling would keep his picture out of my morning newspaper.
– LA traffic sucks, but at least the 45 minute drive to get to the El Rey turns into 20 minutes to get home at 12:30am. (I know, Raeni is saying that she’d LOVE to have a drive as short as 45 minutes)